goat cheese & Gucci

Lovers of fashion, food and all the glorious addictions of life

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Roasted Chickpeas

I have recently embarked on a journey to get healthier and more fit. My younger sister (we will call her C) and I are doing this together in order to hold each other accountable. Plus, you have someone to cry to when you want to eat a big, fat pile of french fries ;) C has aptly named this journey "Project Skinny Mini" and has given it 3 rules:

1. We must work out a minimum of 4 times a week. Note: 2 times in one day only counts as 1 (unfortunately).
2. Eat healthier everyday (more fruits and veggies). It just comes down to making the better decision which we both know how to do.
3. No snacks after 9pm.
     **Yikes! I am a big time snacker and I especially enjoy my little snacks before bedtime. This will be tough for me.

All in all, I think I can do it! Like I said though, I am a big time snacker, so I am on the lookout for healthy snack choices. I really like nuts, but they can tend to be high in fat. A very good friend and mentor of mine is super into healthy eating and fueling her body the correct way and gave me this great recipe for roasted chickpeas. Chickpeas are lower in calories, per serving size, than nuts and lower in fat (0g saturated fat!).

Directions: Preheat the oven to 350°. Drain a can of chickpeas and spread them on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with desired seasonings and bake for approximately 30-40 minutes. The time may vary so just keep an eye on them and that's it!
     **I prepared mine with a little garlic salt, onion powder, chile powder and black pepper. Delicious!



P.S. I have reached over 1,000 views on the blog, so thanks for reading you guys! Now, just hit that follow button and follow the blog too! Much love :)

No comments:

Post a Comment